‘It’s a great day’: Foster gambler and ‘savior’ on the brink


The gambler Foster Gamble was in a celebratory mood, having pulled the tabs on a winnings of more than $150,000.

Gamble, who was born in Louisville, Kentucky, was at the centre of a national scandal last month when he agreed to pay a $2-million settlement to a federal court for a gambling scandal that included an allegation that he and a fellow gambler broke into the bank of a casino in a bid to steal $50 million.

Gamble was never charged with any wrongdoing and his lawyers say they are appealing the decision.

The former gambler was one of four gamblers who pleaded guilty to wire fraud and racketeering charges.

Gamble’s lawyer said his client is relieved the case has ended and plans to fight to avoid prison time.

Gamble told the Courier-Journal that the payout to the court is a victory, adding that he was just relieved it was finally done.

The gamblers were accused of running a casino called “Sellersville” that was located on the banks of the Ohio River, located near Louisville.

The casino was closed in August 2018.

A federal investigation began after a former employee reported a suspicious bank activity in October 2018.

The man, who would only identify himself as a “sales person,” said Gamble told him the casino was being used to buy drugs, but he later withdrew the claim after learning the casino’s name.

In January 2019, the casino closed after the bank was audited.

The gamblers had a history of gambling on real estate in Louisville.

Gamble and another gambler, Michael Smith, pleaded guilty last month to racketeering conspiracy charges.

They were sentenced to 20 years in prison in September.

Gamble is scheduled to be sentenced in June 2020.

The other two gamblers were charged with wire fraud.

Both were sentenced in November 2018.

In November, the Louisville Courier-Revorton reported that Gamble had told his lawyers that he planned to appeal the verdict in court.

In March 2019, Gamble was arrested on a warrant for breaking and entering a bank in Hamilton, Tennessee, and was released on $10,000 bail.

Gamble said in a statement that he would not seek to appeal.

We will be filing a motion to overturn the sentence to appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court.”

, , , ,